AMD Invitational – Free Style
Shaun Ruddy of Chop Deville ran down the competition with his 2012 Chop Deville Retro Racer called Chop Deluxe. Shaun won FreeStyle and will be heading to the AMD World Championship in Essen, Germany as part of Team USA.
The radical board track racer is manufactured with heads & manifold that are ported and matched, CBX thermal barrier coating, Panhead front rocker box, Fueling lifters, pushrods and Yost powertube. Chop Deluxe delivers 167 HP.
It’s raked 5 degrees and configured with Deville leading link front end design, progressive-rate coil over nitrogen dirt bike shocks. Hand fabrication throughout including hand fabricated rear downtube, oil filler, backbone, gas tank, and caps.
- Shaun Ruddy, Chop Deville – 2012 Chop Deville Retro Racer – Chop Deluxe
- Jesse Bassett – 2012 Custom Indian – The Gasbox
- Daniel Sanchez, Tracker – 2012 Cut Throat Customs, Cut Throat Customs
AMD Invitational – MOD Harley
Jon Shipley of Hoosier Daddy Choppers took the win in MOD Harley with Firehouse Racer at the 2nd Annual AMD Invitational Custom Bike Show held in Milwaukee on the Harley-Davidson Museum campus.
Jon’s sled is an interpretation of a board tracker race bike. The exhausts look like fire hoses and a vintage fire extinguisher that serves as an oil tank.
The bike features a HD 96″ Twincam engine with hand-fabricated exhaust tipped with 1920’s fire hose brass nozzles, S&S Carb and Ultima 2″ belt drive. Illumination comes from a 1910 Jose Lucas Carbide headlight and an After Hours Choppers tail light. The leather seat is from Anvil Customs.
- Jon Shipley, Firehouse Racer – 2013 Custom Board Tracker, Hoosier Daddy Chopper
- Cory Edwards, Sudden Impact – 1985 H-D FXR
- Clay Rathburn -2001 Sportster Atomic Bomb Motorcycles
AMD Invitational – Retro MOD
Jeremy Cupp of LC Fabrications brought in Old Black and took the win in the Retro MOD class with his 1976 Ironhead. The Retro MOD allows any pre-1984 sled.
Jeremy’s bike is a Jackshafted dual rear drive, 2 rear ironheads, cylinder and head cooling fins reworked and custom exposed valvetrain. Old Black sports a WLA military rear fender, dual Amal Carbs as well as all other parts handmade by LC Fabrications.
- Jeremy Cupp, Old Black – 1976 Ironhead, LC Fabrications
- Copper Mike – 1947 Knucklehead, Gravesend Cycles
- Paul Anderson, Once in a While – 1945 Flathead
AMD Invitational – Radical Bagger
Blacksmith Motoring Company caught the attention of the judges with El Vendetta, the performance-oriented 2008 Retroliner compete with a trifecta of 120 CI stroker, turbo and nitrous.
It’s built for speed and features 26 front end conversion, Blacksmith Phantom air ride, race tuned front suspension, hand engraved 26 front wheel, 18/240 rear. Completing the build is a lighten aluminum frame Hand engraved powder coating, Blacksmith 2 piece floorboards, heel/toe shifter, brake pedal, oversize grips. Blacksmith Phantom remote control air ride suspension, fairing and JL audio.
- GIO, El Vendetta – 2008 Retroliner, Blacksmith Motoring Company
- Scott Baugh – 2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide
- Roy Martin, Beelzebub – 2004 Custom Bagger, Roys Toys Customs
Additional Photographs from the Show