1st Annual Sturgis Custom Bike Show
The 2013 Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show runs through 13 major metropolitan from the fall through the winter. In 2013 the show series started early with a the kicked off of the season in Sturgis. And the show was held outdoors under Chamber of Commerce picture pefect blue skies and warm weather.
The Ultimate Builder is known for the diversity of styles, innovation and designs. Sturgis was a treat for enthusiasts checking out the show. From ground up builds to choppers to Hot Rod-styled side cars, it had everything. The event was packed from 10AM through the awards ceremony at 4:30PM.
Ultimate Builder FreeStyle Winner
The FreeStyle class was so competitive and the voting was so close that a couple of votes could have changed the top 5 results.
The top 3 positions were filled by previous Custom Bike Show winners. Shaun Ruddy won Ultimate Builder at the 2012 edition in Long Beach, Kyle Shorey is our 2012-2013 National FreeStyle Champion and Sam Baldi took the gold in Hollister just 4 weeks ago.
- Shaun Ruddy, Chop Deluxe – 2012 Retro Racer
- Kyle Shorey, Shadetree Fabrications – 2013 Custom Triumph Chopper
- Sam Baldi, Profile Cycles – Lost Angel
The Ultimate Builder features the world’s leading customized bikes and offers the largest prize purse of any builder competition on earth.
Ultimate Builder RADICAL Bagger Sturgis Winner
- Rod McCharles, Custom Werks – Black Cherry, ’10 Road King
- Rod McCharles, Custom Werks – Orange / Black, ’11 Street Glide
- Lee Schermerhorn – Bitch Slap, ’07 Harley Bagger
Ultimate Builder MOD Harley Sturgis Winner
- Mike Ball – Lucille, ’79 Harley FLH
- Jon Shipley, Hoosier Daddy Choppers – Firehouse Racer
- Juan Gandara, Lubbock Custom – Sueno Firme, ’07 Harley Delux
Ultimate Builder Retro MOD Sturgis Winner
- Brian Elliot, Black Sunshine Customs – Wenona, ’78 FX
- Brian Nikkel, Brass Balls Bobbers – El Flaco
- Brent Law
Ultimate Builder MOD Street Sturgis Winner
- Eric Powell, Vic Bagger Customs – Baggin to Draggin’, ’07 Vegas
- Donny Larue – XS650 Pro Street
Judging is based on the AMD World Championship rules. It is a peer judged bike show where the builders judge the show. Builders have the insight on what it takes to build a championship-caliber custom motorcycle.
Biker Pros produces the Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show Series. For over 30 years, the Progressive® International Motorcycle Shows® have been the premiere winter refuge for over 600,000 powersports enthusiasts throughout the nation.
All the latest models and accessories available for motorcycles, ATVs and scooters are on display from the industry’s leading manufacturers from November to February in major consumer markets across the nation, along with seminars, action features and historic motorcycle displays.
Photographs from the Show and Sturgis